Moving to #Mudgee

Mudgee, Australia - known for fine wine, good gastronomy, cute B&B's, and local flare. Did I mention this is where I now call home? 


When I left Canada I was anxious about the flight, and excited to see Australia. As the pilot announced we were making our final decent into Sydney, I gazed down at the coastline. The bright contrast from ocean blue to sandy white put a smile on my face, it meant change - new scenes, new people, new experiences. When the wheels hit the tarmac my zen moment suddenly became a sarcastic reality, as the glow of the 'golden arches' was the first sight to catch my eye. 

I have had a couple days to settle into my new room with my new roommates, and my new neighbourhood. At the grocery store I was quick to learn the facinating self reliance of the country, almost everything is product of Australia. Today I went to check out my new place of work, Lowe Family Wines. Without a doubt this is the perfect fit for me - organic vineyards, biodynamic gardens, platings of fresh farm to table foods. 

David and Kim welcomed me with open arms, and it was quite humbling to discover David greeting guests as they arrived, educating them on the wineries philosiphy and delivering wine to tables. I was able to taste some of David and Liam's wines, as well as Kim's foodie creations, and this proved to be a pleasant forecast of what is to come of my experience in Mudgee, Australia. 

I hope to improve on my blog and bring my new discoveries and experiences to your table, or wine glass, through inspiration of new idea's and places I find along my way. Although I am a long way from home and will miss my family and friends dearly, I hope to still connect with everyone through a new Growers Basket: Down Under. 

Stay tuned for more about Morgan's adventures in Mudgee.


Cheers Friends!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Your Average Christmas Ham

The Hardy Vegetarian